- Thank you to all who participated in preparing for The Most Rev. Dr. Katharine Jefferts Schori’s visit on Pentecost. We were blessed to have her there to celebrate our 400th anniversary and to baptize our three newest members into our flock. Her sermon is posted on the Episcopal Church page on our web site.
- Summer worship schedule begins May 26th. 8:30 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- A new page was added to our website called “Stewardship.” There is information about what we all can do to be good stewards of what God has so abundantly provided us. At the very bottom of the page is a “Donate” button where you can pay your pledges online by using a credit card or you can use your PayPal account. You do not have to have a PayPal account if you use a credit card. Please be mindful that we are charged a convenience fee of 2.2% + .30 per transaction so if you can, please add a little extra to your donation pledge so that your normal pledge amount is still credited and you help pay the convenience fee. This feature was added because several people have said they’d like to be able to pay their pledge amount by credit card.
- Photos from the Presiding Bishop’s visit are posted on the Photos2 page under Parish Life and more on our Facebook page. If anyone else has photos to share please send them to Annette via email. More photos were posted on May 20th on this site and FB.
- Tickets for the next concert are on sale now. Please see the “Concerts” page on our website for more information. Tickets will be sold online for $20 + a small fee in advance of the show. Tickets sold at the door on the day of the show will be $25.00.
These concerts have been a fun way for us to make a little money for the church and our outreach programs, have fun, and have some fellowship together. We hope you’ll join us for the next show.
- The schedules for Altar Guild, Coffee Hour Hosts, LEM and Lector, and Usher were consolidated onto one page called Schedules. It is under Parish Life.
- Please check the calendar on the web site before making any arrangements for activities at church or in the Parish Hall so we can avoid scheduling conflicts. Activities/events posted appearing on the web site calendar were approved by the rector and/or vestry.
- As vestry minutes are approved they are posted on the website. See the Vestry page under Parish Life.
Welcome to Westover!
We are a small rural church in Charles City County, VA located half way between Williamsburg and Richmond on a scenic Virginia by-way that parallels the James River.